The Sacred Heart Community Service Housing Program helps people with financial assistance to prevent them from becoming homeless, or, to keep them stably housed.
We believe that to have a roof over your head is a basic need of every human being, and to best of our ability we want to help fulfill that need for our customers.
The SHCS Housing Program assists with the following:
- Past Due Rent, and Rent Deposit
- Utilities (PG&E)
- Section 8 Rent Deposit
The Housing Program provides assistance to the following zip codes: 95110, 95117, 95125, 95126, 95128, 95008, 95111, 95113, 95118, 95124 and 95136.
- Customers must have an HMIS card in order to receive services. This card may be obtained at our Welcome Center.
- Customers are required to have a Housing Program Pre-Screen, and this is done on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- After successfully completing the Pre-Screen process, the customer is given a follow-up appointment, and a list of documents (budget sheet, proof of hardship, ID’s for all family members, etc.) they must bring to the appointment in order to be processed for assistance.
- There are no guarantees of assistance. If SHCS is not able to fund the customer, the customer will be provided referrals to other resources that may be able to help.
- Customers are also referred to other SHCS services as required or requested.
- The SHCS Housing Program currently processes more than two hundred Santa Clara County families per month for financial assistance.