JobLink Employment Services assists Santa Clara County residents in their pursuit to secure employment ...
by providing them with skills development workshops, individual support, and resources that empower them to become economically self-sufficient.
Services provided by Job Link staff and volunteers include: an orientation to employment services at Sacred Heart, an individualized assessment process, job preparedness and skills development workshops, vocational counseling, and financial education.
- Overview of Job Link program and services
- Introduction to job search techniques and resources
- Job Preparedness & Skills Development Workshops
- Set up personal voicemail and/or e-mail account
- Create professional portfolio (resume, cover letter)
- Online assessment of Math, English, and writing skills
- Online Career Assessment Inventory
- Identification of transferrable skills
- Soft Skills Workshop (i.e., workplace ethics, customer service skills, conflict resolution, labor laws, cultural diversity, interviewing and communication skills, workplace safety)
- Computer Basics Course (i.e., basic introduction to internet, email, preparedness for Adult Education Computer Skills course)
- Vocational Counseling
- Individualized goal setting
- Monthly case management meetings aimed at monitoring goals.
- Eligible customers may also apply for transportation assistance through the Uplift program
- Financial Education
- Workshops available on Introduction to Banking Services, Understanding your Credit, Budgeting, and Renter’s Rights
Eligible customers may participate in courses to support them in creating matched (2:1) savings accounts (Individual Development Account or IDAs) that may be used to pursue adult education at an accredited institution or to start their own business