In July 2009, SHCS began to incubate the expansion of Team Works, a network of worker-owned cooperative businesses.
The mission of Team Works is to transform low-wage service jobs in fields like house cleaning and landscaping into powerful social and economic development opportunities.
- Members of TeamWorks cooperatives are able to:
- Earn a good income and pull themselves out of poverty.
- Gain access to quality health insurance.
- Develop financial assets.
- Become co-owners of a social business.
- Develop skills and interests that facilitate personal growth and professional advancement.
For more information about TeamWorks, please visit http://teamworks.coop/